My Legume Love Affair has been going strong since 2008. Huge thanks are in order to Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook for starting up this popular legume feast where we can find contributions from food bloggers around the world to encourage and inspire us to get creative with a vast variety of legumes in our own kitchens. Flattered is an understatement as I take over the role of Legume Mistress, beginning February 2013, with some help from my dear friend Susan whose presence will continue to be known and honored. I've been passed the baton and now I will continue to run the relay with some help from friends. I look forward to your continued generous and inspired contributions.
I am making a few transitional changes, though I will basically keep with the original format and prize structure. It will continue to be a monthly event, with guest hosts helping out throughout the year. The roundup will be hosted within a few days of the closing date for submissions and winners contacted as soon as possible.
I will update this page regularly, so consider this your one stop place for information regarding MLLA.
What you need to know to participate:
I own and maintain a vegetarian cooking site, so only entries that are free of meat, fowl and seafood will be accepted. Please only one submission per month, per blogger. Recipes from your archives will be accepted if reposted and updated. You may submit your recipe to other events, but please check to see if those hosts have restrictions.
For your dish to be included in the roundup, it must contain more than just a few tablespoons of legumes. The slight exception to this are legumes such as fenugreek or tamarind that typically are used in smaller quantities. Fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products such as tofu or besan, along with tamarind, fenugreek, carob, and peanuts are all acceptable. The possibilities are endless. Just ensure that your shining ingredient is in fact a member of the legume family. All types of cuisines and courses are welcome, so long as the mighty legume is the key ingredient.
All you need to do is present your legume-centric dish, link to this page, along with a link to the host of the month's announcement post and kindly send a nod to Susan, our beloved creator of MLLA, and email the host with your name, title and picture (400 pixels wide) of your dish, along with a link to your posted recipe. Use of the logo is optional. Your location should be included in your email for prize eligibility purposes and won't be published. The winner or winners will be contacted via email once a random draw has taken place.
Hurst Beans has agreed to continue as a sponsor meaning US residents have a chance to win a 6-pack assortment of products by the N.K. Hurst Company.
Susan is generously sponsoring a prize each month that she will ship worldwide, at her own expense. If the random winner is a resident of the US, they will win both the Hurst Bean Prize and Susan's offering - otherwise a second draw will take place for the Hurst prize from the pool of US residents.
*Note: my immediate family and friends are ineligible to win a prize. Links to products are for non-commercial purposes and intended as prize descriptions. Neither Susan nor myself are receiving monetary or product compensation.
I am looking for guests hosts for 2014. If you are interested, please email me at legume.lisa AT gmail DOT com.
Please note this list is subject to change
July 2014: Radhika - Food for 7 Stages of Life
August 2014: Deepali - Lemon in Ginger
September 2014: Valli - Ammaji Kitchen
October 2014: Nupur - UK Rasoi
- #72 June - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #71 May - Nivedhanam
- #70 April - A Day Through my Life
- #69 March - Cindystar
- #68 February - Lisa's Kitchen
- #67 January - Briggishome
- #66 December - Briciole
- #65 November - Oh Taste n See
- #64 October - Spicy Foood
- #63 September - Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- #62 August - Cooking with Siri
- #61 July - My Diverse Kitchen
- #60 June - One Hot Stove
- #59 May - Sizzling Tastebuds
- #58 April - Chez Cayenne
- #57 March - Seduce Your Tastebuds
- #56 February - Lisa's Kitchen
- #55 January - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #54 December - Saffron Streaks
- #53 November - Briciole
- #52 October - When My Soup Came Alive
- #51 September - Desi Soccer Mom
- #50 August - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #49 July - Briciole
- #48 June - A Canadian Foodie
- #47 May - Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes
- #46 April - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #45 March - Girlichef
- #44 February - Sweet Artichoke
- #43 January - Chez Cayenne
- #42 December - Sumadhura
- #41 November - Briciole
- #40 October - Veggie Platter
- #39 September - What Would Cathy Eat?
- #38 August (Part 2) - W ‘Rite’ Food
- #38 August (Part 1) - W ‘Rite’ Food
- #37 July - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #36 June - Served with Love
- #35 May - Kannada Cuisine
- #34 April - Desi Soccer Mom
- #33 March - Saffron and Daisies
- #32 February - Sandhya's Kitchen
- #31 January - Briciole
- #30 December - Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes
- #29 November - Lisa's Kitchen
- #28 October - Dil Se
- #27 September - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #26 August - Briciole
- #25 July (Part 2) - Cooking with Siri
- #25 July (Part 1) - Cooking with Siri
- #24 June - My Humble Kitchen
- #23 May (Part 2) - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #23 May (Part 1) - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #22 April - Ruchikacooks
- #21 March (Part 2) - Mirch Masala
- #21 March (Part 1) - Mirch Masala
- #20 February - The Crispy Cook
- #19 January - Simple Indian Food
- #18 December - Cooking 4 All Seasons
- #17 November - When My Soup Came Alive
- #16 October - Cook Sister
- #15 September - Monsoon Spice
- #14 August - The Well Seasoned Cook
- #13 July - Tongue Ticklers
- #12 June (Part 5) - Annarasa
- #12 June (Part 4) - Annarasa
- #12 June (Part 3) - Annarasa
- #12 June (Part 2) - Annarasa
- #12 June (Part 1) - Annarasa
- #11 May - Taste with the Eyes
- #10 April - Coco Cooks
- #9 March - Mediterranean Cooking in Alaska
- #8 February - Annarasa
- #7 January (Part 2) - Cooking 4 All Seasons
- #7 January (Part 1) - Cooking 4 All Seasons